For most homeowners their home has been their major investment. Selling your home is a serious undertaking and should be handled by a successful and experienced realtor. After all, you want to get the most money for your home, quickly and as hassle-free as possible.
Recommendations for Getting Your Home Ready To Sale:
- Outside- Take care of your lawn (mow, edge)
- Outside- Trim your shrubs
- Outside- Rake leaves
- Outside-Clean & organize your porch
- Outside-Paint or clean the front door
- Inside- Clean all rooms, make them shine and keep them brightly lit.
- Inside- Redecorate to cover scuffed woodwork or fading paint.
- Inside- Check faucets, lights, light bulbs.
- Inside- Repair sticky doors and cabinets.
- Inside- Eliminate safety hazards (slippery rugs, low hanging objects).
- Inside- De-clutter and organize storage areas: attic, basement, closets.
- Inside- Repair damaged or ugly caulking in bathroom.
- Inside- Put out your best linens, towels, window treatments.
- Inside- Get rid of excess furnishings, decorations, belongings.
If You're Serious About Selling Your Home...
We recommend checking our Seller articles and resources from the NAR (National Association of Realtors). Click here to view these resources.